Adrenal Fatigue Treatment | Woodlands, TX
We Want to Stop Adrenal Fatigue From Making Your Life Difficult!
At Woodlands Wellness and Cosmetic Center, we know that adrenal fatigue is a very real condition. Your adrenal glands are responsible for creating hormones that impact your blood sugar, blood pressure, usage of fat and protein, and control the way you react to stress.
To put it more simply, that means they have an awful lot to do with your energy, your vitality, and the way you look at life. If you find yourself constantly tired, rundown, or “stressed-out,” there is a good chance adrenal fatigue could be the root of your problem.
Adrenal fatigue can cause many quality-of-life issues. It can lead to problems with your immune system, lead to weight gain and other metabolic conditions, blood sugar irregularities, and testosterone or growth hormone imbalances.
The good news is there are treatments available for the symptoms of adrenal fatigue.
What Are the Benefits of Treating Adrenal Fatigue?
The adrenal glands produce three types of steroid hormones: glucocorticoids (cortisol), mineralocorticoids (aldosterone), and androgens (DHEA/DHEAS). Adrenal fatigue can contribute to low testosterone in men and women. The benefits of treating adrenal fatigue include:
- Increased Energy and Stamina – By improving adrenal function, our adrenal fatigue treatments help to boost metabolism, which improves your ability to turn fat into energy.
- Improved Libido and Better Sexual Performance – Since adrenal fatigue lowers her levels of critical hormones like testosterone, our treatments can increase testosterone and provide increased sex drive, less vaginal dryness for women, and more satisfying sexual experiences.
- Improved Memory and Cognition – By raising the levels of critical hormone output, our adrenal fatigue treatments have been shown to improve memory, focus, and concentration.
- Reduced stress – A key symptom of adrenal fatigue is increased cortisol levels. Cortisol is known as the stress hormone. Our adrenal fatigue treatments can include stress reduction techniques designed to limit the overproduction of cortisol.
- Improved digestion – People with adrenal fatigue tend to have digestive issues. Our adrenal fatigue treatments tend to improve gut health which improves digestion and helps to reduce bloating, gas, and other types of gastric distress.
- Stronger bones – Since our adrenal fatigue treatment is designed to raise testosterone levels and other critical hormones, stronger bones and a decreased risk of osteoporosis are additional benefits.
What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue
Adrenal fatigue is not a single condition but rather a group of symptoms that indicate poor adrenal function.
The signs and symptoms of adrenal fatigue include:
- Allergies /asthma
- Digestive disorders
- Sexual health issues
- Immune deficiency
- Bone loss
- High blood sugar
- Increased abdominal fat
- Memory lapses
- Sleep disturbances
- Sugar cravings
If you are experiencing some or all of the above, you may be suffering from adrenal fatigue and could benefit from our unique Adrenal Fatigue Treatment.
What Makes Us Different?
At Woodlands Wellness, we realize that not all patients with age-related hormone loss will have the same set of symptoms or the same health and wellness goals. We will tailor your program of Hormone Replacement Therapy to your unique needs and lifestyle to maximize your benefits and optimize your results.
Drs. George and Sakina Davis and the entire staff at Woodland Wellness are committed to making sure that all of our clients receive expert care from providers who specialize in regenerative and functional medicine. This unique approach identifies and resolves underlying health problems that affect both body and mind. Functional medicine boosts overall wellness and addresses cosmetic concerns.
We proudly offer our patients the following services:
- Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- Menopause Treatment
- Thyroid Imbalance Diagnosis and Treatment
- Andropause Treatment
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy
In addition to hormone replacement, clients at Woodlands Wellness and Cosmetic Center also have access to a full range of aesthetic treatments. The practice specializes in antiaging services, including Botox®, dermal fillers, chemical peels, and skin tightening treatments. Woodlands Wellness and Cosmetic Center also offer state-of-the-art procedures like CoolSculpting to help clients achieve their aesthetic goals without surgery.
Our goal is to help as many people as we can age optimally and continue to enjoy all the things they love about life!
Contact us today at 281-362-0014 for a consultation to see how you can benefit from hormone replacement therapy or any of the anti-aging services offered by Woodlands Wellness and Cosmetic Center.
Common Questions About Adrenal Fatigue
“Adrenal fatigue” is a term applied to a collection of nonspecific symptoms, such as body aches, fatigue, nervousness, sleep disturbances, and digestive problems. The term “adrenal fatigue” was coined in 1998 by James Wilson, Ph.D., a naturopath and expert in alternative medicine. He describes it as a “syndrome” that results “when the adrenal glands function below the necessary level.”
There is no test that can detect adrenal fatigue. Many times, a person will be told he or she has adrenal fatigue based on symptoms alone. Sometimes, a blood or saliva test may be offered, but the results and analysis of such tests are often not enough to give a definitive diagnosis of adrenal fatigue.
The root cause of adrenal fatigue is stress. Our doctors understand that adrenal fatigue is a condition caused by overstimulation of the adrenal glands due to long-term stress. When you are overstressed, the adrenals release too much cortisol. Cortisol lowers your testosterone levels, which adds to many of the problems associated with adrenal fatigue.
You can lower your risk of adrenal fatigue by reducing stress and improving your lifestyle. Make changes such as giving up smoking, alcohol, and drugs. Starting an exercise program, eating healthy foods, and following a daily routine for sleeping and waking will almost always make you feel better and could help you avoid the problems of adrenal fatigue.
There is no specific “treatment” for adrenal fatigue. Treatments will be designed to target the root causes. Lifestyle changes and supplementation may be recommended to reduce stress and cortisol release. Hormone replacement therapy may be used to reverse the hormone imbalances that were created by the increased production of cortisol that results from adrenal fatigue.
Hear what people are saying about us. Read the amazing reviews and testimonials from real-life patients we help every day. Woodlands Wellness and Cosmetic Center amazing anti-aging treatments are nothing short of life-changing.